The IKG Punjab Technical Univerrsity is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of color, religious belief or cultures. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensuring protection of everyone including minorities and acting as per the provisions of constitution of India in such matters. In order to create a living and working environment where all students feel safe and respected, there is a need to establish an SC/ST/OBC Cell with the following objectives:
- To counsel and guide SC, ST, OBC and Minority students studying at IKGPTU on various issues and help them to manage academic and personal demands of a university life effectively.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any events at the campus.
- To provide a mechanism to redress the grievances of SC, ST, OBC and minority students, if any
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth of these students such as through Competitive Examination Cell
The SC/ST/OBC and Minorities Cell will provide comprehensive preventive and proactive services to all such students enrolled for various academic programmes in the university. The goal of the cell would be to enhance the psychological wellbeing of SC/ST/OBC and Minority students at IKGPTU so they can take full advantage of the educational opportunities at the university.