PTU Nalanda School of TQM & Entrepreneurship
PTU Nalanda School of TQM & Entrepreneurship is a School of Excellence and a Constituent Unit of IK Gujral Punjab Technical University. The School was launched by the then President of India, Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on 1st December, 2003 in the august presence of the then Chief Minister of Punjab, Capt. Amarinder Singh. The School was formally inaugurated on 12th May, 2004 by H.E. Justice O.P. Verma, the then Governor of Punjab.
This School of Excellence aims to provide life-long learning to self-motivated individuals to enable them to lead change in the workplace, the community and society, through its various application-focused programmes.
To be a world-class centre for application-focused learning in quality management and entrepreneurship.
- Raise global competitiveness of Indian business.
- Groom technology-led entrepreneurs and future business leaders.
- Provide thought leadership and foster a spirit of life-long learning.
- 2-year (4 semester) programme for working graduates with 2 years’ experience.
- Application focused curriculum that is India specific and globally relevant.
- First batch commenced in July 2011.
B.Tech. (Part-time) - Industrial Engg. and Management (Spl. in TQM)
- 4-year (8 semester) industry specific, weekend programme, for working diploma holders with two years’ experience.
- It is India’s first B.Tech program with specialization in Total Quality Management (TQM).
- First batch commenced in July 2005.
Executive Development and Certification Programmes
- Areas of focus are Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Industrial Engineering and Soft Skills.
- Team comprises of professionals and trainers with a wide spectrum of experience across various industry segments.
- We have emerged as a leading centre for consultancy and training, providing integrated solutions for business transformation, focusing on:
- Total supply chain, from product development to manufacturing and delivery.
- Building excellence in operations and services through improvement in quality, cost and delivery.
North-West QualTech Awards
- Instituted in 2004, these awards recognize achievement of extraordinary initiatives in Quality improvement by industry in the region, every year.
- The Awards attract entries from premier organizations committed to Quality. Every year more than 40 industry teams compete for these prestigious awards.
For more information log on to www.tqmbizschool.org